Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wondering what was wrong with me this morning ...

After Sunday's really pleasant run, I was looking forward to my short 4 mile run on the 'mill this morning.  Imagine my surprise, then, when I was huffing and puffing by mile 2.  My legs felt like lead and I wanted to stop SO much!  However, we have a treat coming into the office this afternoon--http://www.meltingpot.com/our-menu/chocolate-fondue.aspx.



That's right, MELTED CHOCOLATE!!  For a confirmed chocoholic like me, this is nirvana.  I've got my bucket bowl spoon appetite all ready!  And yes, I'll try to stick to the fruit rather than the pound cake as I'm dipping into deliciousness today.  I'll try.  Maybe not all that hard, we'll see.

Anyway, knowing that we had this coming in helped me find some hidden resolve, so I kept plugging away.  I was so irritated with myself for feeling sluggish that I kicked it up that last little bit and managed to finish at 6.3 (yes, fast runners, some of us kick it UP to 6.3!).  Since the training schedule calls for 5 miles tomorrow, I sure hope that I've got more energy then!

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment