Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sharing a great dessert recipe!

Do you love dessert?  Do you wish you could find an EASY, low-fat/low-cal recipe that most everyone will love?  (OK, maybe you'd rather have one that only YOU love--I get that, too!)  If you are a WW, this one made the rounds several years ago and was 2 points under the original Points system.  I haven't calculated it for Points Plus, mainly because I have not gone to WW in a year now and am feeling hugely guilty so I am ignoring Points Plus.  I'll get back.  Someday.  Really.

Anyway, here goes:






Pineapple Macaroon Cake

1 box angel food cake mix (they are almost always fat free, but make sure)
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple in unsweetened juice (NOT heavy syrup)
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Mix ingredients above (including the pineapple juice).  IGNORE BOX DIRECTIONS.  Put in a 13x9 glass baking dish and bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.  (My oven cooks it at 35 minutes; original recipe says 45.  Just keep an eye on it.)

This cake is incredibly moist and sweet.  Two of my three kids LOVE it. 

Enjoy!  Happy running, happy eating!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks! this looks great. I'm gonna run it thru the recipe thing at WW for points - I'm so making it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: do you know appox how many servings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, it makes 20 servings, and while they may be a tad small, it definitely satisfies one's sweet tooth. SO super easy, too--literally 3 minutes prep time (one of the few that you really do need to start pre-heating the oven way in advance!). If you calculate the new points, please let me know so that when I finally mend my evil ways and start counting again, I'll know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um ... two servings will do that, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete