Saturday, January 7, 2012

LAST in my group, FIRST in my mind!

The 10-Miler Training Program (C10TP) is divided into 6 distance groups.  Based on the distance I had been running before the program began, I started in Group 3 (a starting long run of 2.5 miles), but quickly moved to Group 4, since that more accurately reflected the mileage I should be doing on my long runs.  Today our group ran 7.5 miles, and while I managed to hang with the group for most of the run, they lost me the last mile (I've grown to detest Melbourne Road!).  However, rather than berating myself, I decided to celebrate the fact that I RAN 7.5 MILES!!  (OK, I actually only ran 7.25 due to a slight change in plans at the outset, no big deal.)  It is really exciting every Saturday to know that I am going farther than I have before.  It also helps so much to have friendly, supportive people around.  We know one another by name now, and we can joke around to make the miles go by more quickly.

The only complaint I have about today's run is that I seemed to have cut off Runkeeper 3 minutes into my run, meaning I don't have my splits to see how I am progressing.  Tony thinks it may be the program, but I have a feeling it was user error.  Oops!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 7.5 miles! It is always such a ego boost when you complete higher and higher mileage! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! It felt good--slow, no doubt, but definitely good! I should hit 8 next week. Wow.

    ReplyDelete