Friday, March 9, 2012

Ready, set, RUN!

Tomorrow is the 8K, and the weather forecast has changed a bit for the better--now they are calling for upper 30s during race time, which is the temperature range in which we have been training.  :)

I'm going to pick up my race packet after work, and now my stomach is starting to churn.  Why is that???  I'm only racing against myself, my expectations, my past times.  If it takes me an hour, it isn't the end of the world (although I would love to see a sub-55:00 time)!  Deep breath in, deep breath out!

It is important to focus on the important stuff, like the fact that the fam and I went to see the Harlem Globetrotters last night (thanks to the wonderful radio station that gave me tickets!).  What a fantastic evening!  Those young men sure know how to put on a good show!  We got to go backstage before the festivities to meet with a couple of them, which thrilled the girls to no end.  It is these events which make such wonderful memories--not the time in which I run a race!

Happy running!

4 comments:

  1. Bust of luck tomorrow. My stomach is churning for my half tomorrow also...so I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending happy running vibes your way, Jen!! You'll do great, I'm sure! Hope you'll be talking me through my first half later this year (if I find the nerve to do it). Thanks for all your support, it really means a lot. No joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU GOT THIS!!! Trust your training, and go make us all proud :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gonna give it my best shot, Jen! Thanks!!! This is a dry run for the big day--in 21 days it'll be the eve of the 10-Miler, for which I have been training since OCTOBER! You're so right, I just have to rely on that training and GOBBLE UP THOSE HILLS!!!!!

      Delete