Thursday, February 23, 2012

Glad I got to run with GrazMan!

With 3 miles scheduled on the program for today, I figured I would hit the 'mill for a fast 3, then get dinner thrown together--oh, wait, I'm Super Mom--I meant to say that I would create a culinary masterpiece to present in a creative and enticing style for the gastronomical pleasure of my family.  (Yeah, right, not in this lifetime, baby!)  Before I left work GrazMan sent me a message asking if he could join me for part of my run.  That was a first, and I wasn't about to miss an opportunity to spend a little quality time with him, so I quickly changed into my running duds and headed out the door with him, leaving eldest daughter in charge of the younger two (and praying about that the whole time!).

He made it almost a mile with me before I needed to put the pedal down a bit, so he circled around the local high school parking lot while I got in the next 1.5 miles, then I came back and found him waiting for me, so we cruised back home together.  Quite nice, and since it was getting fairly dark by the time we finished, I was glad he was along.  

Made it back, the girls hadn't strung each other up, managed to finish dinner prep and get it on the table before 7 p.m.  Whew!  Successful evening!

Happy running!

2 comments: